300 grams beef mince
150 grams grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 large chopped onion
6 Basel leaves
salt & pepper
9 litre of HOT milk
50 grms butter
70 grms plain flour
pinch of nutmeg
1. Pre heat oven to 190 deg C.
2. Bechamel sauce- Melt butter in a
saucepan, stir in flour,
add the hot milk, stirring
rapidly with a whisk to prevent lumps.
3. Once its boils, remove from
heat add nutmeg and salt.
4. Filling- Boil cannelloni for 4
mins in plenty of salted water.
5. Heat up oil in pan, brown onions with
mince for 10 mins. When browned
and add 2 ladles of the Bechamel sauce,
100 grms of Parmesan cheese.
6. Fill cannelloni with meat filling.
Use a tsp or easy your clean fingers.
7. Take a large greased baking tray,
spread a layer of Bechamel sauce on,
arrange filled pasta and pour the remaining
sauce over and top with Parmesan and
Bake for 20 mins.