I remember walking the streets of Taipei in the cold winter. There was this beautiful aroma that lingered in the streets that leads to my apartment. It made me felt close to home. It was just a roadside vendor, this old Chinese man making this beautiful pancakes. So i finally got the time to try this out for the first time. It's already in my husband's favourites.
Chinese Spring Onion Pancakes
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup warm water
Spring onions (chopped)
1. Mix flour and water lightly with finger.
Knead lightly till dough is smooth and firm.
Cover dough with a damp cloth for 15 mins.
2. Roll dough on floured surface.
Cut the dough into 8 equal parts.
3. Roll each ball into 6 inch wide circle.
4. Take a tablespoon of vegetable oil
and spread evenly over surface.
5. Sprinkle some salt evenly over surface,
then followed by a good amount of spring onions.
6. Gently roll up the dough and form a circle.
7. Lastly roll out the dough into 6 - 8
inch circle and set aside while you heat up a non stick pan.
8. Drizzle some oil on a hot pan and fry
each pancake till nicely golden on each side.
9. Repeat this for each pancake.
To serve you can cut each pancake into smaller slices.