1 medium sea bass (descaled and gutted)
2 tablespoons light soya sauce
1 medium yellow onion (sliced)
2 clove garlic (sliced)
1 inch fresh young ginger
1 green chili (remove seed and thinly sliced into 2 inch lengthwise)
1/2 cup pineapple cubes
1 tomato (Sliced into quarters)
2 tablespoons Thai garlic chili sauce
2 tablespoon chili sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon cornflour + little water
Salt & pepper
Fresh coriander (garnish)
1. Make 2 deep slits on both sides of fish and pat dry. Marinate fish with soya and season well.
Set aside for flavour could absorb.
2. Heat up small pan for sauce. Drizzle oil and add the onions,garlic,ginger and tomatoes.
Saute for 1 min.
3. Add in the sauces, sugar ,vinegar, chili. Stir well on medium heat.
4. You can start deep frying the fish while doing the sauce. Heat up a wok with oil enough to deep fry fish.
5. Once oil is hot, slowly slide fish into oil. Fry till golden brown on both side.
Drain and pat dry once remove onto serving plate.
6. Lastly add the pineapples into sauce and season well. Simmer for 2 mins.
7. Pour sauce over fish, garnish with some coriander. Serve hot with steamed rice.