Monday, 21 September 2009
Saturday, 19 September 2009
1. Boil potatoes in salted water in a huge pot till soft and tender. Once done let it cool and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 200 deg.
3. Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
4. Once oil is hot, brown the meat and season it well with salt and pepper.
5. Stir in the onions and carrots and mix well for 10 Min's.
6. Add in the tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce and stir and let it simmer till mixture thicken.
7. Mash the potatoes in a big bowl, add in the butter and eggs, combine well and set aside.
8. Lastly add the green peas to the beef mixture and stir for 5 Min's. Set aside.
9. Prepare a 10 by 10 or a 12 by 12 baking dish.
10. Scoop in the beef mixture into the dish and gently pressing it down evenly.
11. Top the mash potatoes over the beef mixture evenly.
12. Sprinkle the grated parmesan over the cheese and gently mixing it together till slightly combine.
13. Use a fork and make rough peaks.
14. Bake till golden brown for 30 -40 Min's.
Thursday, 17 September 2009
Wednesday, 16 September 2009
Here is a great easy recipe which i love... It have make my own alter it to my own way as some of the ingredients are hard to find in Asia..
1. Boil the chicken fillets till cooked. Once cooked, drain and let it cool.
20. Serve hot with sour cream and extra jalapeno...
Monday, 14 September 2009
150 grams sliced almonds
1. Melt butter,honey and sugar in a big pot over a medium heat till mixture becomes homogeneous and appears thick and bubbly for 5 Min's..
2. Add in the cornflakes and almonds and stir well till combine.
Once mixture is well combined remove from heat.
3.Pour spoonfuls of mixture in small paper cups.
4. Bake at 180 deg for 6-7 Min's till golden brown.
Sunday, 13 September 2009
8 large glass prawns (heads trimmed)
1 packet fresh Dodo fishballs
1 packet hokkien egg noodles
4 stalks of young kai lan (cut into 3 lengthwise)
1 medium onion (peeled cut into half)
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
2 tablespoons light soya sauce
2 teaspoons maggi seasoning
1/2 cup water (to blend)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1000 ml water (for soup)
1. Blend onion, garlic and water in a mixer .
2. Heat oil in a big pot and add blended puree.
3. Fry till fragrant for 15 Min's.
4. Pour in the water in the pot and add in the soya sauce, maggi seasoning bring
it to boil for 10 Min's.
5. Throw in the prawns, fishballs and noodles stir and season with salt and pepper.
6. Lastly throw in the the kai lan and simmer for 5 Min's.
7. Divide portions into two and serve hot.
Thursday, 10 September 2009
2 medium boneless chicken breast
3 garlic (chopped)
2 ripe avocado (peeled,stoned and diced)
2 tomatoes (diced)
1 red chili (seeded and diced)
Coriander leaves (Optional)
1. Mix all ingredients A in a big bowl and marinate chicken and cover in fridge for 1 hour.
2. Mix all ingredients B in a big bowl. Cut lime and squeeze juice ans season well with salt.
3. Heat grill and drizzle olive oil.
4. Place marinated chicken breast onto hot grill. Grill each side for 10 Min's till cook.
5. Once cooked remove and place chicken breast onto plate. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over meat.
6. If your serving for 4 and prefer smaller portions. cut the breast into two.
7. Grab a good handful of the avocado salsa and serve it beside or over the meat and serve.
Sunday, 6 September 2009
1 1/3 cup plain flour
200 ml water
1 large onion (diced)
1 green chili (seeded and diced)
1 red chili (seeded and diced)
Pinch of salt
Oil for shallow frying
1. Mix flour, salt, egg and water. Beat till mixture is smooth.
2. Add in the chilies and onion.
3. Heat oil in shallow non stick pan.
4. Drop a spoonful of mixture in oil.
5. Fry till golden brown and drain onto paper towel.
1 large sea bass (gutted and descaled)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 inch ginger (grated)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
12 by 12 inch square Aluminium foil
This dish goes very well with butter rice or briyani rice.
1 whole chicken (cut into 8)
3-4 tablespoons kurma curry powder
3 cloves garlic (grated)
11/2 inch ginger (grated)
1/ cup water
3 tablespoons ghee
2 inch cinnamon stick
1 star anise
2 cardamons seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
1 big red onion (sliced)
2 green chilies (sliced)
1 sprig curry leaves
750 ml water
4 large potatoes (cut in quarters)
2 tomatoes (cut in quarters)
200 ml Kara coconut milk
2 calamansi limes
1. Mix and marinate Part A for 1 hour in fridge.
2. Heat ghee in a big pot or wok. Add in all the spices in Part b, and fry for 30 second.
3. Add in the ingredient Part C and fry till onion turn slightly brown.
4. Throw in the marinated chicken pieces and stir well.
5. Add in the water and simmer on medium heat till meat is almost cook.
6. Mix coconut milk and lemon juice in a cup and set aside.
7. Add in the potatoes, tomatoes, coconut milk mixture and season well.
8. Cover and simmer gravy till potatoes turns soft and cook.
Saturday, 5 September 2009
Friday, 4 September 2009
1. Wash rice in cooker pot till water runs clear and drain off the water. Set aside.
2. Heat a pot and add in the butter, onion, garlic and pandan leaf.
3. Add in the water and milk into the butter mixture and bring to boil for 5 Min's.
4. Once done add the mixture along with the pandan leaves knot together
with the rice and cook in cooker.
5. Once rice is almost fully cook, add the coriander, fried shallots
and rose water into rice and stir very gently together.
Serve hot with delicious gravies.
Wednesday, 2 September 2009
Here is a new one that i stir up last night... Super easy yet a great side dish..
7-8 small potatoes
200 grams shredded mozzarella cheese
50 grams shaved or grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
1. Boil a big pot of water with a good pinch of salt and throw the potatoes in.
2. Half cook the potatoes till slightly soft for 20 Min's.
3. Drain and slightly cool the potatoes down. Get a medium baking tray ready.
4. Cut the potatoes in halves and lay them flat sides facing up. Pack them closely to each other.
5. Sprinkle a generous amount of mozzarella,then parmesan.
6. Followed by the dried parsley,chili flakes and season well with salt and pepper.
7. Lastly drizzle a good amount of olive oil over the potatoes.
8. Bake at 180 deg for 30 Min's.