Thursday, 27 August 2009
Wednesday, 26 August 2009
250 grams mince beef
2 cloves garlics (crushed)
1 onion (grated)
Pinch of chili flakes
Oil for shallow frying
1. Mix all ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
2. Roll mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls.
3. Heat oil in pan.
4. Fry meatballs until golden brown on all sides.
Here a superbly easy stir up... Great taste.. Enjoy
8 large glass prawns (heads trimmed)
1/2 tablespoon crushed chili flakes
4 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt
Lemon wedges (to serve)
1. Heat olive oil in a wok or pan.
2. Add in the chili flakes and garlic stir for 1 minute.
3. Throw in the prawns and stir on high heat for 5 Min's till prawns turns red and cooked.
4. Serve and enjoy it with a dash of lemon juice freshly squeezed over.
Tuesday, 25 August 2009
Friday, 21 August 2009
Thursday, 20 August 2009
1 packet Buitoni Light 3 cheese ravioli
2 cans Hunts whole tomatoes
1 can Hunts tomato sauce
1 large onion (diced)
2 clove garlic (diced)
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 stalk italian parsley
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Heat olive oil in a medium pot.
2. Throw in onions and garlic stir till transparent.
3. Add in the tomato sauce, whole tomatoes, italian parsley, italian seasoning, sugar.
4. Season well simmer on low heat for 1 hr 15 Min's till sauce turns thick.
5. Make sure you keep stirring so it wont burnt.
6. Once pasta sauce is done. Set it aside.
7. Fill half a large pot with water.
8. Bring it to boil. Add a pinch of salt and olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking.
9. Once water boiling carefully add in the pasta.
10. Cook for 9 Min's or tender. Drain
11. Heat the sauce again on medium heat, add in the pasta stir well for 3 to 5 Min's.
12. Top it up with some shaved parmesan cheese.
I love mine with generous sprinkles of crushed red pepper.. Smoookin...
I like to rest the pepper rest for a while before enjoying it.. Let the feta sets in nicely.
Wednesday, 19 August 2009
3 medium squids
(cleaned and cut lengthwise)
8 medium glass prawns
(remove head and shells except shell on tail)
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1 cup water
1 cube ikan bilis maggi seasoning
2 tablespoon light soya sauce
3 stalks of any green leafy vegetable (cut lengthwise)
2 cups white rice (washed)
1/2 -1 cup of vegetable oil
1. Cook rice in cooker.
2. Blend onion, garlic and water till smooth.
3. Heat oil in big wok.
4. Add in the blended mixture and throw in the ikan bilis cube.
5. Fry till fragrant for 15-20 Min's and season well.
6. Add in the prawns and squids. Stir till almost cooked for 7 Min's.
7. Check the rice should be almost cooked now.
8. Beat in the eggs, followed by the light soya sauce, stir well for 2 Min's.
9. Add in the vegetable keep stirring till vegetable turn lightly soft.
10. Add in the cooked rice. Stir well and make sure all the ingredients are mixed together.
11. Cook for another 5 Min's and serve.
Serve hot and enjoy it with the green chili pickle or achar...
Tuesday, 18 August 2009
My favourite italian starter.... what more should i say..
1 ripe avocado (remove seed and skin)
1 medium tomatoes (sliced thickly)
1 buffalo mozzarella cheese. (sliced thickly)
3 fresh basil leaves
1. Arrange tomatoes, avocado and mozzarella to which ever style you please.
2. Top it with basil leaves.
3. Drizzle olive oil over the salad and season well.
I like it with some balsamic vinegar on the side.
Monday, 17 August 2009
1 small cempedak (consist of prox 20 small pulps)
1 kg boneless mutton (cut into cubes)
4 large potatoes (cut into cubes)
2 tomatoes (diced)
5 large onions (diced)
3 cloves garlic (diced)
2 tablespoons meat curry powder
2 tablespoons chili paste
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
1 stalk curry leaves
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
1 teaspoon cumin seed
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Heat clay pot on low heat, but if you using an ordinary pot heat it on medium flame.
2. Add oil, once oil is hot, throw in 4 parts onion, garlic and curry leaves. Stir for 5 Min's.
3. Stir in the chili paste, curry powder,turmeric,garam masala,cinnamon stick,
cloves,cumin seed and star anise.
4. Stir till fragrant for 15 -20 Min's.
5. Add in the meat and tomatoes. Mix and season well with salt.
Throw in a spoon. Helps the meat to cook faster.
6. Cook for 40 Min's.
7. Add in the potatoes and cook for another 30 Min's.
8. Lastly stir in the remaining of the onion and simmer for 15 Min's.
9. Make sure meat is tender and potatoes are nicely cooked. Remove spoon.
10. Let gravy rest before serving.
Goes great with prata or steamed white rice.
I finally got i first indian clay pot from tekka market in little india. I was very excited to cook my indian curries in it.. to have that extra flavour like they say. I am an old soul, so in my cooking, i love the old and traditional ways of cooking. So cooking in a clay pot is thrilling for me. So i got a nice black clay one it's without a cover and it only cost $15. I get more pots very soon.. All cooking should be done on low flame so it takes longer to cook. I have also going to show you on how you should prepare the pot before cooking. A trick from my grandma. I guess it helps lock it more flavour to all future cooking. Looks fragile but don't be afraid to try it..
Saturday, 15 August 2009
Friday, 14 August 2009
Super duper yummilicious.....
1. Boil chicken fillets for 10 Min's with a good pinch of salt.
2. Shred chicken into small strips.
3. Heat a pan and place 1 piece of the tortilla.
4. Grab a hand full of the mozzarella cheese, sprinkle it on the left side of the tortilla.
5. Followed by the hand full of the chicken and lettuce.
6. Spread 1- 2 tablespoon of guacamole.
7. Top it up with a few jalapenos peppers.
8. Carefully fold tortilla into 2 with a wooden spatula. Gently pressing it down so all the filling binds together.
9. The cheese should be melted nicely by now, flip it slowly over. Leave it for 1 minute.
10. Serve hot, cut folds into halves.
Thursday, 13 August 2009
The most easiest recipe, you can't go wrong with this. Especially for those who think roasting is always a mayhem.
1 whole chicken
3 large onions (cut into quarters leave skin on)
6 cloves garlic (gently crushed leave skin on)
Black peppercorns (crushed coarsely)
1. Clean chicken dispose head, neck and feet. Pad dry with paper towel.
2. Rub the chicken generously with salt, pepper and olive oil.
3. Once chicken completely covered place in onto a baking dish.
4. U can choose to marinate it for an hour or two before roasting to have more flavour. But if your in a hurry you can roast it straight away.
5. Once ready to roast. Pre heat oven at 180 deg.
6. Prick the orange with a fork all over. Place it in the chicken cavity.
7. Throw the onions and garlic around the chicken and lightly drizzle olive oil over.
8. Roast for 1 hour and 30 Min's.
Rest the chicken for 15 Min's before serving. Goes well with many sides and salads....
Tuesday, 11 August 2009
This is a beauty which my grandma makes on special occasions. A spicy stew which goes great with french loaf. Finally i have mastered the recipe on my own.
1. Heat oil in a large stew pot.
2. Add the garlic and chili paste. Stir till fragrant for 5-7 Min's.
3. Put in the meat, onion, ginger and tomatoes and brown for 10 Min's.
4. Add water, tomatoes puree, ketchup, soya sauce, curry or beef steak powder, garam masala and stir well. Cover and simmer on low heat for 45 Min's.
5. Season well with salt. Constantly stirring the stew from time to time so it wont get burnt.
6. Once meat is almost cook add in the potatoes and mix well. Cook for another 25 Min's.
7. Lastly add in the remaining onion, green peas and cabbage to the stew.
8. Check stew making sure all ingredients are soft and cooked. Remove spoon.
Let it rest for 30 Min's. Serve with french loaf or even white bread.
You can store leftover stew in air tight container and freeze it. Reheat on low heat.
3 cheese lasagna...