Roast chicken & pumpkin feta salad....
1 whole chicken (cleaned with head, neck and feet cut off)
1 large orange (pricked)
2 large white onions (cut in quarters, leave skin on)
6 clove garlic (crushed leave skin on)
1/4 small pumpkin (cleaned, skin trimmed off and diced into large squares)
1 packet baby spinach (washed and drained)
1/2 packet pumpkin seeds
1 packet cherry tomatoes (sliced into halves)
15 green olives
1 packet feta cheese (diced into small squares)
1. Put chicken onto large baking dish. Rub chicken with salt,black pepper and olive oil.
(U can do this 2 hours before and keep in fridge for better taste.
Take it out to room temperature 30 Min's before putting in oven.)
2. Pre heat oven to 180 deg Celsius.
3. Place onions and garlic around chicken,
prick the orange with a fork and stuff it into the chicken cavity.
4. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil onto onions and garlic.
5. Roast chicken for 1 hr 30 Min's.
6. After 30 Min's, take chicken out and add the pumpkin with the onions. Cook for another hour.
7. Once chicken and pumpkin are roasted nicely. Take it out and let it rest for 15 Min's.
8. Throw the pumpkin and all the ingredients for the salad into a large mixing bowl.
9. Drizzle balsamic vinegar,olive oil,season and mix well with clean hands.
10. Cut chicken parts and serve onto plates along with a generous portion of salad on the side.